In this article, I am talk to give you information about How to add website to google search console. The most important is the website or blog. The traffic You will get traffic only from search engines.
When you have a post index, once the post index is there, you start getting traffic from the google search engine.
For that, your blog has to be SEO friendly. Now how can you find out in such a way that your post is indexed, or else Google gives a free service? Which we also called google search console or google webmaster tool. Using this, you can check the indexing of your blog posts, and we can optimize our blog more.
Table of Contents
What is Google Search Console?
We know Google search console by another name is google webmaster tool. Now in this, people start thinking of these two differently. These two are the same, first, its name was google webmaster tool and then it was changed to google search console.
Google webmaster is a free service. Which has been created by Google? This service is absolutely free. By using this service, you can check the status of the indexing of your blog or website.
This means that you can find this out. How many posts have been indexed in your blog and how many have not, plus you can optimize your blog by using this tool. If there is some error in your website or blog, then this tool also tells you.
Add Website To Google Search Console Step By Step Beginners Complete Guide
Add Website to Google Search Console Step by Step Beginners Complete Guide to Follow. This is the most important step of seo to rank the Google search engine website / blog.
Step 1: Login to Google Webmaster Tool
First of all you have to log into google webmaster tool. You can only use the id of Gmail to login. You can also go to the webmaster tool’s website by clicking search.google.com/search-console.
Step 2: Click On Add Property
After logging in, You have to click on add property.
Step 3: Add Your Domain name
Add the URL of your website / blog. Add the Your Website In Url Prefix. Copy Full URL [like: https:digitalseolife.com/] After that, you have to add the URL by clicking on Continue.
Setp 4: Select Verify Method
Now you have to verify your blog or site. You cannot add your site to Webmaster Tools without verifying. You have to choose one of the methods to verify the site. I would advise you to select the HTML tag.
Step 5: Verify Your Blog / Website
Copy the html tag And logging into your worpdress. Now you have to go to Appearance > Theme File Editor > header.php. After that the code you copied has to be pasted right below the . And click on Update File.
And Google Blogger User: you have to go to your Blogger Dashboard > Theme > Edite HTML. After clicking in edit html you have to click inside the code. After that you have to press Ctrl + f. After that a search box will open in which you have to search <head>. After that the html tag code you gave in search console. Paste that down and save the template. After adding HTML tags to the Blogger, you should come back to google search console. Click on the Verify button. Your website / blog has been added to Google Search Console.
Step 6: Go Back On Google Search Console Click Verify
After adding HTML tags to the website, you should come back to google search console. Click on the Verify button. Your website / blog has been added to Google Search Console.
Step 7: Add Sitemap
So in this way you can verify your site in google search console or google webmaster tool. If you have done everything right So your site will be verified in google webmaster tool and you will get a message show of congratulation.
Benefits of using google search console
How to use Google Search Console?
After verifying and adding your website to Google Search Console, you can utilize its features to monitor and optimize your site’s performance in Google search results. Some key functionalities include:
- Performance Report: Analyze search performance, clicks, impressions, and average position of your website’s pages.
- Index Coverage Report: Check the indexing status of your site and identify and fix potential issues.
- Sitemap Submission: Submit XML sitemaps to help Google discover and crawl your website efficiently.
- Mobile Usability: Ensure your site is mobile-friendly for a better user experience.
- Links Report: Monitor backlinks and identify opportunities for improving your site’s link profile.
What are the many ways to verify a website in Google Search Console?
There are several methods to verify website ownership in Google Search Console. The most common ones include:
- HTML file upload: Uploading an HTML file provided by Google to your website’s root directory.
- HTML tag: Adding a meta tag to your website’s homepage HTML.
- Google Analytics tracking code: Using your Google Analytics account to verify ownership.
- Google Tag Manager: Verifying through Google Tag Manager if you have it set up for your site.
- Domain name provider: Verifying through select domain providers.
- Google Sites: For those using Google Sites to host their website.
How to get the Google Search Console verification code?
To get the verification code, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Search Console account or create one.
- Click “Add a Property” and enter your website URL.
- Choose the verification method you prefer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for the selected verification method.
- Once the verification is successful, you’ll have access to the Google Search Console dashboard.
How to add my website to Google Search Engine for free?
Adding your website to Google’s search engine index is not directly related to Google Search Console verification. Google automatically crawls and indexes websites, but you can help the process by following these steps:
- Create a sitemap: Generate an XML sitemap for your website and submit it to Google through Search Console.
- Create or claim your Google My Business listing: This can improve your local search presence.
- Build high-quality backlinks: This helps Google discover and index your website faster.
Google Search Console: Domain property vs. URL prefix – What’s the difference?
Google Search Console offers two types of properties:
- Domain Property: This property covers all subdomains and paths under your main domain. It’s suitable for large websites with multiple subdomains.
- URL Prefix Property: This property is specific to a single URL prefix (including http/https, www/non-www). It’s ideal for smaller websites or individual pages.
How to add a website in Google Chrome?
Adding your website to Google Chrome is different from adding it to Google Search Console. Google Chrome, as a web browser, doesn’t require website ownership verification. However, you can make your website more accessible to Chrome users by following these steps:
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Implement HTTPS to ensure a secure connection.
- Optimize your site’s loading speed.
- Create a sitemap and submit it to Google via Search Console.
- Regularly update and publish valuable content.
You can add google search console to your website by following these simple few steps. After the website is added to the google search console, your website will be Google indexed. Gradually rank will come to the first position.
FAQ’s on add website to google search console
How do I add my website to Google Search?
To add your website to Google Search, follow these steps: a) Sign in to Google Search Console. b) Click “Add Property” and enter your website URL. c) Verify ownership by choosing a suitable method (HTML tag, DNS record, etc.). d) Once verified, Google will start indexing your site, making it searchable for users.
How do I add a URL to my Search Console?
Adding a URL to your Search Console is simple: a) Access Google Search Console and select your property. b) Click “URL Inspection” and enter the URL you wish to add. c) Click “Request Indexing,” and Google will crawl the URL, making it searchable.
How do I add a Search Console to my HTML website?
To add Search Console to your HTML website, take these steps: a) Sign in to Google Search Console. b) Click “Add Property” and enter your website URL. c) Choose the HTML tag verification method. d) Copy the provided meta tag and paste it into your website’s HTML code. e) Verify the ownership, and your Search Console will be set up for your HTML website.
You can optimize your blog by using its tools. If you have anything to ask. So please comment by commenting below.