Friends, in this article we will know “ What is e-commerce Business? And what are the benefits of e-commerce? What is e-commerce type? What is the use of e-commerce?
Which is the main ecommerce website of India? Everything changes with time, similarly the way of shopping and doing business is also changing in the present era.
You do not need to go out to do shopping or do business, you can buy or sell any product from home, and all this is becoming possible due to E-commerce service. Let’s know what is eCommerce? And what is the benefit of e-commerce?
Table of Contents
What is e-Commerce Business?
Any goods that can be bought or sold through electronic means (by Internet ), it is called e-Commerce (Electronic Commerce). In addition to the physical product in eCommerce, digital products and services are also traded.
Due to eCommerce, the way of doing business and shopping is slowly changing. With this Online Retail Service has become very comfortable. Because it is available 24 hours all over the world.
Through the e-commerce platform, you can order, pay for any goods in one click. You do not need to go to the shop for this.
What are the types of e-commerce business models?
e-Commerce business models mainly operates in 5 types:
1. Business to Consumer – B2C:
In B2C business , the company sells its products or services directly to the consumer. Generally it has nothing to do with middlemen. In addition, local retailers use B2C eCommerce to reach consumers through a website.
The most popular form of e-commerce is Business to Consumer. It is used by big-small companies or startup companies. Because startup companies in eCommerce do not need to invest in their retail outlets, nor do they need to have a large marketing team and staff.
There are three types of B2C applications most commonly used . Online Banking, Financial Business, and Online Shopping.
- Online Banking
- Online Stock Business
- Digital Shopping
2. Business to Business – B2B:
Only traders are involved in this e-commerce business. In this type of business, two businessmen sell production and services among themselves. This business happens only between Manufacture, Wholesaler, and Retails. For example, a computer maker needs raw materials like – Keyboard, Mouse, Software, Charger, etc. Consumer has nothing to do with this type of business. That’s why it is called Business to Business.
3. Consumer to Business – C2B:
In this type of eCommerce business, if the consumer sells his goods and services directly to a company, then it is called C2B e-commerce business. Here the consumer puts his product and services on a website for online sale, where companies bid on the consumer’s products.
Consumer can view these bids. And can sell his products to companies according to his own accord. Musician, Comedian, Actor, Dancer, Photographer, Doctor, Charted Accountant, etc. All these works come under Consumer to Business.
4. Consumer to Consumer – C2C:
In this type of business, a customer sells his goods to another customer. The best example of this is ” ebay “. On this website, the consumer sells his old goods to the consumer. All this happens completely through an electronic medium.
5. M-Commerce (Mobile Commerce):
Buying or selling of goods through Mobile or Personal Digital Assistant is called mCommerce (Mobile Commerce).
This type of eCommerce is going to be most prevalent in the coming times. Where no wire is required to access the Internet.
What are the benefits of e-Commerce business?
The main advantages of doing e-commerce business are as follows:
1. Start with Low Investment:
Not much investment is required to start eCommerce business. This business can be started with very low investment. There are many expenses in a traditional business, but by doing e-commerce business, the costs associated with the merchant shop can be saved.
For example, it can run completely on the online web without opening a clothing store and mobilizing staff. In traditional business, there is a need to keep more stock at the shop, whereas in e-commerce business you can keep the stock at your own pace.
2. 24/7 Shopping
The biggest advantage of e-commerce is that you can shop anytime 24/7. There is no time limit for this. Whereas there is a limit to doing business in Traditional Marketing. You can buy or sell as long as the shop is open.
Apart from this, the consumer does not need to go to any shopkeeper. Just like a busy parent of a small child does not need to set aside time to buy toys. Just order any product by visiting your eCommerce website, do e-payment , and your goods will reach your home in the next few days.
3. Global Market
With the help of eCommerce, you can do business all over the world. Because it is a Global Market Place ( Global Market ). If you are a trader then you can sell your goods anywhere in the world.
Because for this you do not need to find a customer, but the whole world is ready to be your customer. If you are a customer then you can order and get the goods of your choice from anywhere in the whole world.
4. Profitable for Business and Consumer:
As much as this business is profitable for a trader, it is equally beneficial for a consumer. Because in eCommerce business, the cost of a trader is low, due to which he earns profit by selling his goods at a low price. And due to the low price, the consumer also gets his profit.
Just as a trader does not need to hold a lot of stock, in the same way, the product that the consumer wants to buy, he gets many variable products in the same marketplace. Because many traders sell the same type of product in the same marketplace.
5. Save Time in Shopping:
You all know that in today’s time, time has a lot of value. If we talk about traditional shopping, it takes a lot of time. If we have to buy a lot of things for our house, it will take us a whole day. Because we have to go to different shops to buy different goods.
Whereas with eCommerce marketplace you can buy any item at home. Which will not take you much time. Whereas you can buy any item sitting at home from eCommerce Marketplace without wasting time.
In this business, not only the time of the consumer is saved, but the time of the businessman is also saved. Because in a traditional business, a merchant has to open repeatedly in front of the consumer to show his goods, which not only wastes his time, but also damages his goods.
6. Easy to Business and Shopping:
It is very easy to do e-commerce business. Doing this business does not require much experience. You can easily do eCommerce business sitting at home.
To do this business, you should have some knowledge of computer and internet . If we talk about the consumer, then consumers have considered online shopping to be easier than traditional shopping.
The biggest reason for this is that the consumer does not need to go to any shop and shopping mall, for this he can order and get the goods from his office, school, home etc.
What are the disadvantages of e commerce business?
Just as there are advantages in e-commerce, there are also disadvantages. Let us know what are the disadvantages of ecommerce?
- Insecurity (Insecure): This business cannot be considered secure from the point of view of security. Because of this there is a possibility of the consumer’s information being stolen.
- Order Delivery: Even after ordering the goods by the consumer, the goods do not arrive on time and even if they do reach, there is a difference in the quality of the goods.
- Identification of the original product: In traditional shopping, we can buy the product we are buying by testing it, but it is not possible to do this in online shopping.
- Technical Knowledge: To do online shopping, you must have technical knowledge, if you do not know how to run a computer and mobile, then you cannot do online shopping.
- Customer Support Service: While shopping from the shop, you can ask a lot of questions to the shopkeeper and you also get the solution, but it is not possible to do this during online shopping. For this you have to wait for a specified time.
Best successful e-commerce business examples in India
The most preferred eCommerce website in India is by the people, whose names you can see below:
Amazon is the largest eCommerce company in the world. Which was started in the year 1994. Whose founder Mr. Jeff Bezos is. Its head office is located in Seattle, Washington, US.
Amazon is an eCommerce marketplace. Where a merchant can sell by listing his product by creating an Amazon Seller Account. The biggest reason for Amazon’s popularity is that it gives timely delivery to any order made by the consumers. Also takes care of the quality of the product.
Flipkart is the largest eCommerce website in India. Which was started in the year 2007 by IIT students Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal. Its head office is located in Bangalore.
Flipkart is a best example for startup. This website was mainly started to sell books but in the last few years it has made its own identity in the world of Ecommerce. On this marketplace, lakhs of traders are earning millions of rupees by registering their Flipkart Seller.
Paytm is an Indian eCommerce Payment System and Financial Technology company. Which was started in the year 2010 by Mr. Vijay Shekhar Sharma. Its head office is located in Noida. Presently its CEO is Mr. Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
Myntra is an Indian e-commerce company. Which mainly sells products related to Fashion (Menswear and Womenswear). It was started in the year 2007 by Mr. Mukesh Bansal to sell gifts. Its headquarter is located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
In the year 2014, Flipkart acquired Myntra to increase its business.
Zomato is India’s leading e-commerce company whose main job is to provide information about partner restaurant menu, and food delivery options in select cities of India. It was started in the year 2008 by Shri Deependra Goyal and Pankaj Chadha. Its head office is located in Gurugram, Haryana.
I have told here about the famous top 5 e-commerce websites in India. Apart from this, there are many other companies. If you have a good startup idea then you can also start an ecommerce business.
How to start e-commerce business in india?
Starting an e-commerce business in India can be a rewarding venture, but it requires careful planning and execution. Here are some steps to help you get started:
- Choose Best Niche: The first step in starting an e-commerce business is to choose a Best niche that you are passionate about and that has the potential to be profitable. This could be anything from fashion to electronics to food etc.
- Do Market Research: Before you start your e-commerce business. Conducting market research is an important step in understanding your target audience, competition and market trends. This will go a long way in helping you develop a solid business plan.
- Register your business: Once you have a business plan, you need to register your business with the Government of India. You can register your business as Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, LLP or Private Limited Company. But you can also postpone this work for some time until your business starts running well. If you register your business then people’s trust is more.
- Choose an e-commerce platform: There are many e-commerce platforms available in India like Amazon, Flipkart and Shopify. Choose a platform that best suits your business needs and budget. It is most important that you choose a reliable e-commerce platform.
- Set up your e-commerce website: Your e-commerce website is the face of your e-commerce business, so it’s important to make it user-friendly and visually appealing. You can hire a web developer from Fiverr or use website builders like WordPress, Wix to set up your website. Contact us, we will also create an e-commerce website for you.
- Choose your payment gateway: You need to choose a payment gateway. Some of the popular payment gateways in India are Paytm, Razorpay and PayPal. We would recommend you to use Razorpay.
- Start marketing campaign: Once your e-commerce website is up and running, you can use social media marketing, email marketing, influencer marketing, and search engine optimization (SEO) to drive traffic to your website.
Starting an e-commerce business in India can be challenging, but with careful planning and execution, you can build a successful online store.
How to start e-commerce business in india pdf?
How to start e-commerce business in india if you are looking for pdf download below pdf:
Hope I told you what is e-commerce? What are the benefits of e-commerce? Complete information is given about. If you have any kind of question in your mind then you can write in Comments Box. We will reply you soon. So what is the delay, start your eCommerce website today or grow your business by joining any e-commerce marketplace .
FAQ for E-commerce
Q. Which is the first e-commerce Business company in India?
Prior to the introduction of e-commerce in India, an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) was first introduced in the 1960s through a Value Added Network (WAN). Moderate Internet access coincided with the increased availability and advent of popular online vendors in the 1990s and 2000s.
Friends, how did you like our post What is eCommerce? What are the benefits of e-commerce? Complete information. Do tell us by commenting in the comment box. Apart from this, if you have any question in your mind then you can ask in the comment box. I will try my best to answer your questions.